All About PMS
PMS Examination Pakistan
Provincial Management Services (PMS) is a civil bureaucratic structure at the provincial level, and Public Service Commissions of each province conducts tests to induct candidates in PMS. Since PMS is a provincial civil service so PMS Officers are posted only within the respective provincial territory.
Age: A candidate must be between 21-30 years of age.
Education: Minimum 14 years of education (Bachelor degree) least 2nd division, in any discipline.
Gender: Male, female and transgender are eligible.
How to apply for PMS
All the Public Service Commission advertise on their respective websites and their official website for the PMS examination. Following essential points are common among all:
- Check advertisement
- Fill the challan form and pay in any National Bank Branch(NBP)
- Fill the online form at the Public Service Commission official website of your own province
Steps of PMS Examination
- Written Examination
- Medical Test
- Psychological Test
- Viva Voce
Roles of a PMS Officer
In Punjab, PMS Officers undergo a six months training at the Management & Professional Development Department (MPDD) in Lahore. Then any one of the following two paths are followed by the PMS qualified candidate:
- Assistant Commissioner (Under training) /(AC (UT))
- Section Officer(SO) at civil secretariat as:
- Section Officer General
- Section Officer Establishment
- Section Officer Technical
- Section Officer Budget
- Section Officer Inquiries
- Section Officer Litigation
- Section Officer Planning
After the training, a PMS Officer can be appointed as:
- Assistant Commissioner
- Special Judicial Magistrate
- District Monitoring Officer
- General Revenue Assistant
- Deputy Director Anti-Corruption
Promotion Scope of PMS Officers
PMS Officers their official career at BPS 17 and can be promoted to BPS 21 within the course of their professional career.