Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) & Provincial Public Service Commissions in every province conduct one-paper MCQs exams for recruitment and selection of candidates for posts in provincial government departments on various basic pay scales. Posts advertised by Public Service Commissions are varied in:
- Basic Pay Scale
- Job Description
- No of Papers
However, steps of the selection process are generally the same for all the posts, including:
- Fee submission
- Online Form Submission
- Written Test
General instructions for all the one-paper tests are given below:
Candidates are advised to remain in touch with the national newspapers and Public Service Commission’s official website (www.fpsc.gove.pk, www.ppsc.gop.pk, www.spsc.gov.pk, www.bpsc.gob.pk, www.kppsc.gov.pk, www.ajkpsc.gov.pk) for advertisements. All the instructions given in the advertisement must be followed carefully. The online application procedure must be followed (the link to apply is given on the website).
Fee for every post is mentioned against the respective post in the advertisement along with procedure to pay. However, generally fee is paid in any branch of National bank of Pakistan within the due date.
For jobs in Punjab Public Service Commission, challan form is available on the following link (http://www.ppsc.gop.pk/(S(1gkrftk5h4larijjt042tufe))/Forms/challan%20form.pdf).
- Candidate must fill the challan form and pay fee in any branch of NBP or State Bank of Pakistan
- Check, Pay Order, Bank Draft, or Any Other method of Fee Payment is not accepted by PPSC
Procedure for Submission of On-line Application Form
- Candidate must fill in the online application form with all the details including
- Personal Information
- Educational Information
- Receipt details (including branch and receipt number written on the receipt)
- Original Bank Receipt must be produced during the interview by the candidate
- Candidate can edit online application form only after its submission and clicking the Edit Application form given on the Website (gop.pk) before Closing Date
- Candidates are advised to submit their valid email address and mobile number (non-portable)
- Application other than Online Form Submission is not acceptable
- Only Online Applications are accepted up to BPS 18
In general, eligibility criteria are given against each in the respective advertisement. However, some general eligibility criteria are given below:
- Qualification/ experience prescribed in advertisement
- Age and cut-off date prescribed in the advertisement
- Time to time instructions given by the Government
Candidates are intimated about the test date and test centers normally a week prior to the test. This test date and center intimation is conveyed via text message and email address which the candidate provided during online application.
For 100 Marks MCQs test, 90 minutes time is allotted to the candidates and candidates cannot leave the center before half time of the test.
Generally, following portions are included in One paper Mcqs exam of FPSC and PPSC:
- General Knowledge
- Political Map/ Physical Map of the World
- Pak Affairs Indo Pak History
- Current Affairs
- Islamiat and Islamic History
- Everyday Science
- Maths/General Ability
Public Service Commission call for interview those candidates who qualified the written test. Candidates are intimated regarding date and time of their interview via email and message.
Selected candidates are asked for medical test in either Services Hospital or Mian Munshi Hospital Lahore within the dates prescribed by PPSC.
*However, certain posts like Sub Inspector (SI) requires candidates to undergo a medical exam before applying online during the application process.