A Special CSS exam will be conducted by FPSC to fill the vacant seats that have not been filled due to low passing-out ratios of certain provinces/quotas for the last so many years. These mainly include the seats for minorities, women quota and seats of backward provinces such as Balochistan and Sindh.
The summary for the special CSS exam was moved by the special assistant to Prime minister Mr. Arbab:
It is the first time in the history of civil service that a special CSS exam is being conducted to fill 188 vacancies in federal services carried over in the last few years. Balochistan 49, Rural Sind 41, Urban Sind 19, KP 22, ex Fata/GB 16 & AJK 2 and 39 for Punjab minorities.
If you want to prepare Special CSS exam you may contact the Study River Institute for preparation from MPT to the final Mock Assessment. We are offering a special package that includes preparation of MPT (CSS Screening Test) all compulsory and optional subjects, and mock assessments. The course duration will be four months.
What is the Age limit for Special CSS?
The age limit for regular CSS is 30 years. However, the upper age limit for Special CSS is extended by TWO years. It means all candidates, whether fresh or those who have already availed three attempts, can apply up to 32 years, government servants up to 34 years, people from tribal areas, and special regions will have an age limit of up to 34 years.
How many vacancies are there for Special CSS?
CSS Special Exam Vacancies to be filled (tentative):
- Minorities only: PAAA = 4, CTG = 2, PCS = 4, IRS = 10, IG = 2, MLCG = 1, OMG = 12, PSP = 4, POSTG = 2, RCTG = 2.
- Sindh (R)
- Open merit: PAAS = 1, CTG = 3, IG = 5, OMG = 14, POSTG = 2, RCTG = 1.
- Women: PAAS = 1, CTG = 1, IG = 1, OMG = 5, POSTG = 4, RCTG = 1.
- Minorities: POSTG = 1.
- Sindh (U)
- Open merit: OMG = 1, POSTG = 1.
- Women: IG = 4, POSTG = 4, RCTG = 1.
- Minorities: PAAS = 1, PCS = 1, FSP = 1, IRS = 2, OMG = 2, PSP = 1.
- Open merit: RCTG = 1.
- Women: IG = 3, POSTG = 2.
- Minorities: PAAS = 1, CTG = 1, PCS = 1, PAS = 2, FSP = 1, IRS = 3, OMG = 3, PSP = 1.
- Open merit: PAAS = 5, CTG = 4, IRS = 7, IG = 3, OMG = 13, POSTG = 3, RCTG = 1.
- Women:IRS = 2, IG = 2, OMG = 3, PSP = 1, POSTG = 2, RCTG = 1.
- Minorities: PAAS = 2, PAS = 1, FSP = 1, IRS = 1, IG = 1, OMG = 1.
- Minorities Only:IG = 1, OMG = 1.
This is a lottery for fresh and old students as well. The attempt will not be counted therefore it is recommended that all must apply whether you are fresh graduates or who have already appeared twice or thrice.
Yes. even if you have already exhausted three attempts you can still appear in Special CSS.
Yes. A government van also appears and if you have served in a regular government Job then you can appear up to 34 years of age limit.
The syllabi for the special CSS exam will be the same as for regular CSS. It includes 600 marks in compulsory subjects:
Precis and Composition 100
Pakistan Affairs 100
Current affairs 100
General Science and Ability 100
Islamic Studies 100
Click here to view the syllabus from FPSC Official Website.
Online application for MPT will be submitted from 10th to 26th December
MPT exam will be held on 31st January.
Written exam for special CSS will be held on 4th May 2023
The advertisement for the special CSS (Advance Notice will be published on 20the Nov 2022 and the advertisement for a written part will be published on 19th February. only those who will be eligible to sit in the written part have qualified for the Screening Test.
To know more about CSS Special Exam, you can watch this video.