A person including male and female citizens of Pakistan are eligible for CSS exam. There are certain age and qualification requirements for the exam as detailed below.
AGE LIMIT FOR CSS:
Male and female citizens above 21 years of age and less than 30 years are eligible to apply for CSS Exam.
CUT-OF DATE FOR CSS EXAM:
Cut of date to measure the age is 31st December. Cut of date for the upcoming CSS exam will be as follow:
CSS-2022 31st December 2021
CSS-2023 31st December 2022
and so on…
This means that candidates born earlier than 01-01-1992 are not eligible for CSS 2022. Similarly, the candidates born earlier than 01-01-1993 will not be eligible for CSS-2023.
AGE RELAXATION IN CSS EXAM:
There is two years age relaxation for the following categories:
- Civil Servants working in federal, provincial or district government (employees of autonomous or semi-autonomous organizations cannot claim age relaxation).
- Scheduled case/Buddhist community
- Candidates belonging to tribal areas
- Candidates belonging to AJK
- Disable candidates
HOW TO CLAIM AGE RELAXATION FOR CSS?
The candidates belonging to the categories mentioned above need to provide certificate duly signed by relevant authority.
Forms to claim age relaxation are available at FPSC website.
EVIDENCE OF AGE FOR CSS: Matric Certificate or CNIC
The date of birth accepted by the Federal public service commission is as mentioned on Matric certificate or O-Level certificate.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT FOR CSS:
Second division or Grade ‘C’ Bachelor degree in any discipline from a university recognized by HEC.
- Those candidates who has completed 14 years of education but their degree is not complete are ineligible.
- Final result of the degree shall be declared before cut of date. For example: For CSS-2022, the final result must be declared before 31st December 2021 and for CSS-2023, 1st December 2022.
ARE ASSOCIATE DEGREE HOLDERS ELIGIBLE FOR CSS?
Yes, students having Associate Degree (ADP) or any other two years bachelor degree are eligible for CSS.
CAN A THIRD DIVISIONAY OR GRADE ‘D’ HOLDER APPLY FOR CSS?
No. But if one holds higher grade in next degree such as masters then he can apply.
CAN A DUAL CITIZENSHIP HOLDER APPLY FOR CSS?
A candidate having dual citizenship or his/her spouse have dual citizenship is not eligible for CSS exam.