Central Superior Services Exams are famously known as CSS exams in Pakistan, conducted by the Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) for the recruitment of candidates for the post of BPS-17 in the Federal Government. Candidates who pass written exams and interviewed and may be allocated to the following groups depending on the merit and quota:
- Commerce & Trade Group (CTG)
- Foreign Service of Pakistan (FSP)
- Information Group (IG)
- Inland Revenue Service (IRS)
- Military Lands and Cantonments Group
- Office Management Group (OMG)
- Pakistan Administrative Service (PAS)
- Pakistan Audit & Accounts Service
- Pakistan Customs Service (PCS)
- Police Service of Pakistan (PSP)
- Postal Group (POST-G)
- Railways Group
CSS exam is held every year in February- March by the apex civil service recruitment body (FPSC) in Pakistan. FPSC defines the eligibility criteria for CSS and the government of Pakistan determins the number of positions vacant for recruitment.
Every Pakistani citizen who is 21-30 years old and holds a graduation degree in any discipline can join the civil services of Pakistan.